Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Beginning of Everything

And thus begins the first real "DinGi" collaboration. In case you haven't noticed, it's a clever mash up of a certain two person's last names. There's only two possible reasons if you still don't know what DinGi is. a) you don't know who the authors of this blog are, in which case it's perfectly understandable; or b) you're retarded.

While this blog is certainly free to be about anything we damn well want, I am more than likely going to keep my posts more game-orientated. Weison can do what he wants; we aren't a certain big-company-run operation that tries to control its own employees and fires them if they're discontent with their work, and on the side deceive its readers for more money from advertisements like a certain unnamed website. Of course if we were ever in any sort of situation where you're willing to offer us money to write about something with a little bias, I'd more than gladly accept. Hope you all find it all warm and comfortable here, because I'm hoping this is going to be a long ride.

As for my first topic, I'd like to start off with the game I've been playing recently. The game, Team Fortress 2, is from, as I stated in my post on Music Ink (great blog, musicink.blogspot.com), a gaming trifecta of goodness the Orange Box. It's a phenomenal game that kicks ass and looks good doing it. I'm currently in a semi-competitive clan that's doing pretty good. We aren't one of those hardcore 24/7 practice clans, but we do have scrims and practices occasionally. www.clanhex.net if you want to check us out. I plan to write a pretty big post on tips and useful information about TF2 in the near future, so watch out for that.

Continuing with TF2, I feel like it is a huge multiplayer game success, and almost does the class-based team game perfectly. Each class is balanced pretty damn well, although some are quite a bit more important than others. The medic isn't boring to play at all either, which I find amazing. Nobody ever wants to play the bitch that has to follow someone around and then get blown up first. The bread and butter of every team seems to be the soldier and medic though, basic firepower and support duo. The first Team Fortress was released over 10 years ago as a Quake mod, and was also remade into Team Fortress Classic, an extremely popular half-life mod. I think the last multiplayer shooter game that got me this addicted was Counter-Strike, which I'm sure a lot of people can relate to. I played CS for around 4 years, never competitively though, Just pwning noobs in pubs with my fellow CrU (Chinks R Us, hell yea). The rest of CrU hasn't been playing tf2 nearly as much as me. Seems like I scared off Chump when I rocked the socks off him one of the first times he tried it (yeah that's right, I owned you. What now, punk?). Nothing is as satisfying as absolutely dominating the other team in a game. Well, some delicious moist cake might come close, or hell even meeting one of those mythical "girl gamer" creatures.

Anyway, enough blogging. It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum.

No comments: