Saturday, December 22, 2007

It's been too long

I apologize for the lack of posts and what not, but the past week or two has been quite busy. From final projects to final exams, quite a lot has been going on that I had to attend to. Nevertheless tedious reading material must be brought to your attention! I'm more than happy the semester is over with, as I get to kick back and enjoy a break.

Oh, did I mention I got Call of Duty 4?

I got it as a present for Christmas from a friend (THANK YOU SO MUCH) and I can say this game lives up to everything. Of course the game's been out for a while, but I thought I'd put in my 2 cents. I've only ever seen my friend Dan play it on the Xbox 360, which was too exciting. Less players, worse controls, PC outdoes it in every way =P (I love PC fps' way more than on the console). Sure the console version gets prestige, but meh that's not important. I don't want to bore you guys with any stuff about CoD4 but if you want I'll chat with you about it.

On to more important topics. One of which I swear I nerdgasmed from. I'm getting a new laptop! And yes, it's quite powerful, especially compared to my current desktop. It's the current Asus G1S-B2, which you can order online. 2.4GHz intel core 2 duo, 3GB of ram, GeForce 8600m GT, and all in a nice little portable dish of gaming goodness. Oops, got a little on my keyboard there. Now the reason I got a laptop as opposed to a cheaper and better desktop is simple, I'm starting to need the portability. The fact that I'm a college student who often has to work in other places than my own room is one factor. My home is also not nearby, and it's a big pain to lug my desktop from place to place. I've also been out on trips and felt very naked without my own computer to keep me company. All in all, I'm very ecstatic.

So some real gaming news you say? Well for starters and rumors you hear about Half-Life 3 are as of yet untrue. Apparently all that's really been said is that Valve stated Half Life will not end with episode 2. This leaves you with the fact that Half-Life could turn into a pinball game for all we know.

Oh and look what I stumbled upon. IGN's Best of 2007 List. The overall's haven't been picked, but each little category has. Some quick opinions on some of them:

PC - Bioshock wins game of the year, no big surprise there although there are a few really good contenders that I wouldn't have minded winning either (*cough*Orange Box*cough*). It also won quite a few other awards which makes me kind of sad, Orange Box needs some more McLovin'! Portal and TF2 did win seperate categories. I was surprised TF2 didn't win best multiplayer, but I guess I can't argue since I've never tried World in Conflict.

Wii - Mario takes the cake in Galaxy as the Wii game of the year! No huge surprise either, Galaxy is a fantastic game, I don't know why people would dislike it, it's so vibrant and fun. Another runner up, Zack and Wiki, I've heard is a very good game. However it's not doing so well, reminds me of Psychonauts. The awards can give you an idea of how few top-notch Wii games there actually are, as the Wii is being flooded with poor quality games. Games which received only a score in the 8's were winning multiple awards.

Xbox 360 - COD4 wins out in game of the year. Must of one hell of a tough choice for the IGN editors, the 360 was just smothered in great games for that console. Almost makes me wish I had gotten a 360 instead of an Ipod Touch. But it's okay, PC Gaming will always be my preference. Just like Gordon Freeman over Master Chief. YEAH that's right, Gordon will own your face anyday.

Movies - Best fantasy movie was Stardust? I saw that movie and it really wasn't that great. Wtb better fantasy movies. Hottest Movie Babe was Jessica Biel? Understandable, but Megan Fox was smoking in Transformers in my opinion.

So that's just a quick summary of what I saw, I haven't actually gone through every single award yet. The overall awards is what's really going to interest me, the madness that is the number of great games this year is such an overwhelming sensation... oh god damn it I just cleaned that up.

No comments: