Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

It's the eve of Christmas and I'm sure everyone's anxious to open their presents tomorrow morning. I'm sure by then you'll all be opening up a can of whoop ass all over some virtual world. I myself am awaiting my laptop, for which is unfortunately delayed. The online website i ordered it from, mwave.com, requires a faxed authorization for laptops because it is such a large amount of money. Oh well, I will be able to survive until then.

So PC Gamer is having a contest, cleverly called "The Next Top Reviewer". Simply put, it's a contest where you submit a review entry (150 words) of the game Peggle (which is a huge hit in the PCG offices). The top entries I believe will go on to a next section where they will review another game, until a single winner is chosen. That person will be added as a freelance journalist to work for PC Gamer Magazine. It's a great opportunity for anyone who's interested in a job in the video game journalism industry. I plan to put in my own entry, it'd be nice to see what kind of feedback I could get. I can see it now, that Journalism 101 class I just took is going to pay off big time.

To finish off for today, here's my Christmas wish list (pertaining to video games):
5. Unreal Tournament 3
4. Logitech G51 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers
3. Xbox 360 with Rock Band
2. Nintendo Wii
1. Voodoo Omen PC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that entry :) Hope you had a great Christmas!